The primary responsibility of the Pike County Engineer is to maintain 329 miles of County highways and 349 County owned bridges, (a bridge being defined as a structure with a span of greater than 1O feet).
The Pike County Engineer's Office operates on an annual budget of approximately $5,000.000.00. The revenue source for the Pike County Engineer's annual budget is almost exclusively made up of license tag fees and a portion of the taxes collected from the sale of gasoline and diesel fuel.
It should be noted that the Pike County Engineer currently receives almost no revenue from the collection of:
- PROPERTY TAXES
- SALES TAXES
- INCOME TAXES (Federal, State, and Local)
- Or any other taxes besides license tag fees and fuel taxes.
- Roadway Paving
- Bridge Repairs and Replacements
- Culvert Replacements
- Roadway Ditching
- Pothole Patching
- Snow Removal
- Tree and Brush Cutting
- Load Rating and Load Posting of Bridges
- Driveway Culvert Replacements along County Roads
- Manage Utility Permits and Utility Installations along County Roads
Current Active Projects:
Germany Road Slip Repair; PIK-CR66-04.36
- Contractor: Alan Stone Co., Inc.
- Contract Amount: $3,347,477.47
Beaver Pike Bridge Replacement; PIK-CR57-03.47
- Contractor: Cooper's Excavating, Inc.
- Contract Amount: $848,602.00
Sunfish Creek Road Slip Repair; PIK-CR21-01.36
- Contractor: Allard Excavation, LLC
- Contract Amount: $1,876,240.90
502 S. Pike Street
Waverly, Ohio 45690
phone: (740) 947-4259
phone: (740) 947-5535
phone: (740) 941-0700
fax: (740) 947-9339
hours: M-F 7:00am-4:00pm (Apr 1 - Nov 30)
hours: M-F 6:30am-4:00pm (Dec 1 - Mar 31)